Please read the information below. For more shipping information, call 608-665-3363 Monday-Friday, or 608-255-2430 on Saturday and Sunday.
Limited, Flat-Rate Holiday Shipping
Fromagination offers $20.00 flat-rate shipping for Ground Rate (truck) transport to anywhere in the United States within an approximately 700-mile radius of Madison, Wisconsin, during the December holiday season.
This includes Zones 1-4 in Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and parts of Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Dakota.
Guarantee of Arrival
Packages to be shipped at Ground Rate for arrival before the Christmas holiday (December 25) must be ordered by December 10 in order for their timely arrival to be guaranteed. Packages ordered after December 10 may or may not arrive by Christmas if they are sent at Ground Rate.
Fromagination Shipping Zones (by Zip Code)
Your shipping cost is calculated using your destination zip code at the time of check-out. In general, the shipping zones are as follows:
- Within Dane County, Wisconsin
- In the region (including Chicago, eastern Iowa, central Wisconsin, etc.)
- Upper Midwest (including Michigan, Twin Cities and central Minnesota; central Iowa, Illinois and Indiana; northern Wisconsin, northwest Ohio
- Great Midwest (including Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia; southern Indiana; western Iowa; northwestern Minnesota; most of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, North Dakota and South Dakota)
- Central West, South and East Coast (all eastern states except northern Maine and southern Florida; Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, northeast Texas; eastern portions of Colorado, Montana, New Mexico and Wyoming)
- Far West (Arizona, Idaho, Utah, western New Mexico, southwestern Texas, northeast Nevada, northeast Maine, southern Florida)
- West Coast (Alaska, California, Oregon and Washington)
- Hawaii and Puerto Rico
Weather and Package Temperatures
Due to the perishable nature of many of our products, Fromagination must limit the shipping time of packages to places with temperate or warm weather.
For Zones 2-4, we make the determination based on the weather, but often can ship at Ground Rate due to proximity of the package destination.
For Zone 5-7, most orders must be sent by express shipping (2nd Day or Overnight rates) in the spring, summer and autumn. Some may be shipped at Ground Rate in the winter, depending on the contents.
Packages sent to Zone 8 are air-freight by definition.
Fromagination Gift Sets that Travel Longer
- Artisan’s Choice Gift Set
- Charcuterie Gift Set
- Cheesemonger’s Basket Gift Set
- Dairyland Carnivore Gift Set
- Gold Collection Gift Set
- Hook’s Aged Cheddars Gift Set [see image at left]
- Hook’s Five-Year Aged Cheddar Gift Set
- Landmark Creamery Gift Set (Pecans)
- Landmark Creamery Gift Set (Preserves)
- Pleasant Ridge Reserve Gift Set
- Pleasant Ridge Reserve with Pecans Gift Set
- Wheel of Gouda Gift Set
- Wisconsin Alps Gift Set
- Wisconsin Feast Gift Basket
Ground Delivery Schedule
Orders place on: Will be shipped: And will arrive:
Monday Tuesday Thursday
Tuesday Wednesday Friday
Wednesday Thursday Tuesday
Thursday* Friday* Saturday*
Friday Monday Thursday
Saturday Monday Thursday
Sunday Monday Thursday
*Saturday delivery charges apply
Please note that all orders placed on Thursday will be shipped Monday unless Saturday delivery is selected for an additional charge. We otherwise cannot ship packages on Saturdays or Sundays.
Shipping and Delivery
It normally takes 24 hours to receive and process an order. Orders placed before midnight will be automatically shipped the following business day, Monday-Thursday.
Peak-season delivery delays: During December and at other peak shipping times, we may experience some delays and therefore cannot guarantee that orders will be processed, packaged and within 48 hours. If you are buying for the holidays, please allow for an extra couple of days to ensure a timely delivery.
More Fromagination Shipping Policies
Appropriate shipping: Many of our products are delicate and perishable, so we take the utmost care to ensure that they arrive safely. Our website allows customers to choose only appropriate delivery methods depending on the perishable nature of the product and the distance that it needs to be shipped. Consequently, depending on where you live and delivery times, you may not be able to send perishable or fragile goods by ground transportation. Furthermore, in cases of extreme weather, we may hold orders that are not being shipped overnight in order to ensure the product’s quality.
Delivery confirmation: While our goal is to make sure that you receive your product in perfect condition, we cannot be responsible for shipments that are not signed for on the date of the initial delivery attempt. This issue can be avoided by choosing to send shipments without signature release, that is, without requiring the recipient to sign for the package. With that in mind, however, we cannot be responsible for products that have been lost or stolen after we have received delivery confirmation from FedEx or for deliveries made to the wrong address.
Shipping with best judgment: Assuming that we have all the products that you ordered in stock, we will process and ship your order within 48 hours of it being placed. Certain perishable products, however, can only be shipped on designated weekdays in order to prevent them from being in transit over a weekend. For the sake of the product, and ultimately your satisfaction, we reserve the right to choose when we send packages. In any case, you will receive confirmation and tracking information from Fromagination after the package has been sent. Although we will make every effort to fill orders as quickly and efficiently as possible, items that are ordered together will not necessarily ship together. If you have specific questions, call at 608.255.2430 during business hours.
Shipping on holidays: Due to shipping limitations, we are unable to ship packages for delivery on the following holidays or the day after:
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Shipping outside the contiguous United States: Due to the distance, packages to Alaska and/or Hawaii must be shipped at the Overnight rate. Complications arising from taxes, international tariffs and regulations prevent us from shipping anywhere else outside of the contiguous United States. We do not ship to Canada or Mexico.
Other Points to Remember
- Packages are shipped only to street addresses – no P.O. boxes
- All packages are shipped with signature release…they do not need to signed for
- 24-hour advance notice required
- Cancellations will be accepted only if gift has not yet been packed
- If a product or packaging is out-of-stock, similar products or packaging of equal or greater value may be substituted
- Prices are subject to change without advance notice…customers will be notified of any price changes when placing an order