Gail Ambrosius Chocolate Bars
Fromagination offers Gail Ambrosius Chocolate Bars. One in this collection is the Three Hot Nuts Bar. It’s a bewitching bonfire of pistachios, pine nuts and pipits roasted with chipotle and cayenne peppers and topped with chili verde salt. Made with 61% Venezuelan dark chocolate. Winner of the “Best Chocolate Bar” at the 2008 Next Generation Chocolatier Awards!
Gail started her Madison business in 2004 and, with her 10 employees, they hand-produce several thousands of pieces of chocolate daily during their peak seasons! When she was 17, she visited France on a school trip and had her first piece of dark chocolate. Her love for chocolate started in that moment and she never looked back!
Gail’s tips on chocolate:
• Dark chocolate is more interesting, because you get more of the real chocolate taste without lots of sugar.
• Single-origin chocolate is even more interesting, because it takes on the flavors of the area where it was grown.
• Chocolate is an adventure–it comes from exotic locations, circling the equator, all around the globe!
• Don’t be shy about trying lots of chocolate–I try everything I can in order to explore all the varieties of flavor that the amazing theobroma cacao tree has to offer.
• There’s no right or wrong: if you like it, that’s great; if not, keep tasting and eat what you enjoy.
“In my opinion, good chocolate is its own food group. A little bit feeds the soul and fires the imagination.” – Gail Ambrosius