For additional shipping information, call 608-255-2430.
Or contact email@example.com
(Fromagination is closed on Sundays.)
(Curbside or In-Shop)
If you place a pick-up order online, it will be available to you the next day. If you need it earlier, please call 608-255-2430 and tell our cheesemongers when you will arrive.
- Fromagination currently ships by ground transportation to seven states and portions of two more (see Free Shipping map below). Those shipments in Zone 2 are handled by Spee-Dee Delivery Service and normally take one to two travel days.
- Shipping in Zones 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7 and 8 is handled by Federal Express.
Multiple/Group Orders & Shipping
- For questions about group orders, please contact our business office: 608-255-2430, ext. 2 (“Catering & Gift Sets”)
- Fromagination will provide customers who wish to make a multiple/group order with a spreadsheet to provide recipient addresses, etc.
Free Standard Shipping with a purchase of $55 or more
With a purchase of $55 or more, Fromagination offers free standard (ground-rate) shipping* to Zones 1 & 2 (see map below) destinations:
- the upper peninsula of Michigan
- metro Saint Louis, Missouri
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
*For purchases of less than $55, shipping costs $8 per address. Other charges apply for express shipping in this zone.
See the Zip Code File to understand where free shipping applies in Missouri.
Fromagination Shipping Zones
The shipping zones are defined as follows:
1. Madison and Dane County, Wisconsin (also including local express delivery)
2. Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, the upper peninsula of Michigan, and the metro area of Saint Louis, Missouri
3. Indiana and most of Michigan
4. Arkansas, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia
5. Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia and Wyoming
6. Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico and Utah
7. California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington
8. Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico
How Fromagination Packs a Gift Set for Shipment
Weather and Package Temperatures
Due to the perishable nature of many of our products, Fromagination must limit the shipping time of packages to places with temperate or warm weather.
For Zone 2, we make the determination based on the weather, but often can ship at Ground Rate due to proximity of the package destination.
For Zones 3 & 4, most orders must be sent by express shipping (2nd Day or Overnight rates) in the spring, summer and autumn. Some may be shipped at Ground Rate in the winter, depending on the contents.
Packaging and Peak-Season Delivery
Packaging: Fromagination uses branded boxes, fitted foam insulation and ice packs to keep your order safe until delivery. Call our Shipping Department with any questions.
Peak-season delivery delays: During December and at other peak shipping times, we may experience some delays and therefore cannot guarantee that orders will be processed, packaged and shipped within 48 hours. If you are buying for the holidays, please allow for an extra couple of days to ensure a timely delivery.
More Fromagination Shipping Policies
Appropriate shipping: Many of our products are delicate and perishable, so we take the utmost care to ensure that they arrive safely. Our website allows customers to choose only appropriate delivery methods depending on the perishable nature of the product and the distance that it needs to be shipped. Consequently, depending on where you live and delivery times, you may not be able to send perishable or fragile goods by ground transportation. Furthermore, in cases of extreme weather, we may hold orders that are not being shipped overnight in order to ensure the product’s quality.
Delivery confirmation: While our goal is to make sure that you receive your product in perfect condition, we cannot be responsible for shipments that are not signed for on the date of the initial delivery attempt. This issue can be avoided by choosing to send shipments without signature release, that is, without requiring the recipient to sign for the package. With that in mind, however, we cannot be responsible for products that have been lost or stolen after we have received delivery confirmation from FedEx or for deliveries made to the wrong address. We also cannot be responsible for deliveries delayed because the gift recipient is not home.
Shipping with best judgment: Assuming that we have all the products that you ordered in stock, we will process and ship your order within 48 hours of it being placed. Certain perishable products, however, can only be shipped on designated weekdays in order to prevent them from being in transit over a weekend. For the sake of the product, and ultimately your satisfaction, we reserve the right to choose when we send packages. In any case, you will receive confirmation and tracking information from Fromagination after the package has been sent. Although we will make every effort to fill orders as quickly and efficiently as possible, items that are ordered together will not necessarily ship together. If you have specific questions, call at 608.255.2430 during business hours.
Shipping on holidays: Due to shipping limitations, we are unable to ship packages for delivery on the following holidays or the day after:
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Shipping outside the contiguous United States: Due to the distance, packages to Alaska and/or Hawaii must be shipped at the Overnight rate. Complications arising from taxes, international tariffs and regulations prevent us from shipping anywhere else outside of the contiguous United States. We do not ship to Canada or Mexico.
Other Points to Remember
- Fromagination will not be responsible for erroneous or rejected deliveries based on an incorrect address provided by a customer
- Fromagination will not be responsible for packages left unopened for an extended period after delivery (more than 3 days).
- Packages may only be shipped to street addresses – not to post office (P.O.) boxes
- All packages are shipped with signature release…they do not need to be signed for
- 24-hour advance notice required
- Cancellations will be accepted only if gift has not yet been packed
- If a product or packaging is out-of-stock, similar products or packaging of equal or greater value may be substituted
- Prices are subject to change without advance notice…customers will be notified of any price changes when placing an order